SpaceTech Actuator Drive Units
SpaceTech designs, manufactures and tests several high reliable, compact and cold redundant electronics to trigger such actuators like thermal knifes or non-explosive actuators (NEA).
Electronics to trigger actuators for deployment or separation functions inside a satellite are often mission critical components. Unintended trigger is as critical as missing triggers.
Actuator Drive Units key features
- Fully realized in hardware without soft- or firmware
- Save command concept (pre-arm, arm, fire)
- Switched current source to drive the actuators
- Individual logic to combine or exclude firing of more than one channel
- TID tolerance >= 50krads
Actuator Drive Units main functions
- Interfacing satellite primary (28V nominal)
- Interfacing OBC command & control
- NEA fire control including safe-and-arming functions
The Actuator Drive Electronics is designed single point failure free under additional consideration of hazard and safety critical aspects concerning actuator handling and firing.
The SPDE is fully cold redundant with cross-coupled TM/TC interfaces. Each redundant branch can be switched on and off by both OBCs. The nominal and redundant branch of the NEAs is connected to the corresponding branch of the electronics.
Space project examples
GökTürk-2 Pyro Drive Module
Against strong international competition, SpaceTech has been awarded a contract by the Turkish government institute TÜBITAK UZAY to deliver the GökTürk-2 solar array system.