STI's thermal and vacuum chambers
STI operates various thermal chambers for a wide range of tests. Three different vacuum chambers allow for a wide temperature range and are driven with turbo molecular pumps.
For outgassing and leakage testing STI can provide tailor made chamber assemblies that fit specific requirements.
Two are ambient pressure chambers, the climate-chamber with one cabinet that can be used for heating and cooling and one thermal shock chamber with two cabinets that can be kept on different temperature levels.
In the dedicated Thermal Lab cleaning, glueing, and hardware setups can be executed.
Thermal chambers specifications
- Big TV chamber: L=2.3m, D = 1,5m / -180 to +200°C / p<1e-5 mbar
- Medium TV chamber: 0.8 x 0.62 x 0.32 m³ / -180 to +200°C / p<1e-5 mbar
- TMA chamber: 0.9 x 0.35 x 0.24 m³ / up to +100°C / p<1e-5 mbar
- Climate chamber: 0.8 x 0.5 x 0.6 m³ / -70 to +180°C
- Thermal cycling chamber: 0.6 x 0.5 x 0.4 m³ / -175 to +200°C
Our core capabilities comprise: thermal-vacuum cycling with radiator plates or solar simulator, bake-outs, outgassing tests, ambient pressure cycling, and leakage tests. The equipment allows for rest gas analysis, isolation testing, data acquisition for temperature and pressure.
- Laser Ranging Instrument – LRI
- ICARUS – antenna for ISS
- C-Sat solar panels & mechanical parts
- Sentinel-3 baffles
- CESS – Coarse Earth and Solar Sensor for various satellite missions
- Test coupons for Exomars, MTG, CSO, Euclid